The Karatau 100 MW Wind Farm is a greenfield Independent Power Project IPP that is developed by ACWA Power in the Republic of Uzbekistan. The project is Uzbekistan’s first publicly tendered wind project.
ACWA Power and the JSC National Electrical Grid of Uzbekistan signed a 25-year Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) for the development/construction/operation of a 100 MW onshore wind power plant. JSC National Electric Grid of Uzbekistan acts as the sole off-taker.
The project will be located in the Karakalpakstan region and will be developed as a ‘Build, Own, Operate, Transfer’ project. ACWA Power will take the lead in the construction, engineering, operation and maintenance of the plant.
• ESIA Volume 1: Non-Technical Summary (English)
• ESIA Volume 2: Main Text (English)
• ESIA Volume 3: Framework for Environmental and Social Management (English)
• ESIA Volume 4: Appendices (English)
• Stakeholder Engagement Plan (English)